Industrial connectivity and KVM control room solutions for upstream, midstream, and downstream environments.
As the oil and gas industry continues to grow, more and more well sites, pumping stations, pipelines, processing plants, and refineries are being built. Along the entire route, safe, reliable networking and industrial automation are critical to smooth operations, efficiency, and productivity.
In 2014, the United States produced 9.2 million barrels of crude oil a day. The U.S. is now the largest producer of oil and gas, overtaking Saudi Arabia and Russia due to production from the Marcellus Shale. However, reservoirs of oil are becoming more difficult to access and increasingly less productive. To keep pace global consumptions, oil companies must constantly look for new sources of petroleum, as well as improve the production of existing wells.
Read more about industry solutions at our landing page for the oil and gas industry at blackbox.com/Oil-Gas.
Digital KVM Control and Monitoring Solutions for the Energy Industry: Automation, processes, and workflow
Black Box is committed to helping our customers succeed as they transition to the digital media environment. We help clients in the energy industry design and deploy mission-critical solutions.
In drilling operations, KVM systems provide high-quality and instant access to video and control signals from multiple sources to multiple users. In oil and gas exploration, rapid access to graphical data and processes throughout a seismic survey and the ability to respond quickly to status changes are crucial for safe and efficient operation. Remote monitoring solutions in control rooms provide users with better overview, quicker access to data, and failover connectivity. With KVM solutions, users can switch and extend real-time HD video and USB HID over LAN/WAN for remote monitoring.
Black Box KVM Solutions
- KVM and hybrid KVM peripheral switching platforms
- Virtual desktop remote management
- Signal conversion and signal distribution
- KVM extension to improve ergonomics by reducing heat and noise in the workplace
- KVM extension over fiber for long distances
Benefits for you:
- Updating current analog systems to faster and more reliable digital KVM.
- Remote monitoring operations reduce risk for injuries in dangerous areas.
- Reduced risk for downtime and accidental environmental disasters.
- Asset Integrity Management (AIM)
- Maximize human capital by running parallel tasks with fewer users who have instantaneous access to critical resources.
Learn more about high-performance KVM solutions for the oil and gas industries.
If you have a control room project coming up, contact Brian Lang at Brian.Lang@blackbox.com, or register for our upcoming Control Room seminar with product demonstrations, which is Tuesday, October 27.